Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Return to Labyrinth bonus



Return to Labyrinth is Tokyopop's licensed sequel series to Labyrinth. I discovered that other creators had been invited to contribute bonus 'fanart' for Vol.2. I hadn't heard about this so I emailed and asked my editor. They said sure and sorry I hadn't been told sooner, but the deadline is Friday. I looked at the other submissions - pretty standard manga splash-page stuff, so I decided to be different in media AND presentation and made it a full-page gag in pencil.
It's a little rough around the edges, but that's just trim area.

In other news... T and I need help. We were informed on Fri 13th that Tokyopop are not optioning future Divalicious! volumes for 'fiscal' reasons. There's nothing wrong with the series itself or T and my work, but in a nutshell, they're citing poor sales as a reason to pull the plug.
Bear in mind, Diva has only been out for FOUR MONTHS and got very little publicity, but that's a whole 'nother rant which I shall not go into here.


So let the word go out - if you haven't already, please consider dropping by your local Borders/comic store, checking Divalicious! out and buying a copy. We'll both be at San Diego with bells on and the book will also be available at the Tokyopop booth.

This whole situation utterly sucks and it's taken me most of the week to emotionally claw back up. We worked our arses off on Divalicious!, we are fiercely proud of it and believe in its potential.

Tina deserves a better chance than this to shine.

No comments: