Thursday, May 02, 2024

Tales from Internet Grandma

This morning, encouraged by being able to revive this old blog, I was having a dig through my archive drive (it's name is Snoopy!). While being slightly overwhelmed at HOW MUCH STUFF I'VE MADE on my various computers since 1997, I was delighted to find these little gems, which I thought I'd share. 

See, I started my internet journey on Windows PCs and stuck with them until I moved to California and was finally convinced to adopt a Macbook. I spent a considerable amount of my free time in the 00's making pixel art, a most addictive activity! That included desktop icons.

So here is a batch of Win icons I made in 2004. I consulted my stash of 50's Good Housekeeping magazines to find the best of the kitschiest 50's food to try and fit in a 32x32 pixel square.

I may share some more Internet Grandma items from my archives, there's some good stuff in there :)


(Also, yeah, most of the images are gone from the earliest posts on this blog, they were all hosted on either imageshack or an old domain I no longer have. They gawn, kids, cuz no WAY am I editing all those haha!)



No comments: